Help With Windows 7 Enterprise Image Creation & Capture and Deployment
Posted on 2014-02-21
I am a beginner in windows image capture & deployment. I have a couple of questions I hope i can get answers to.
First some info on what we are imaging:
- We are going to build out a couple different workstations for sharepoint developers and .NET developers. The workstations will have standard software like office 2010 but also some specialized software like dreamweaver, visual studio 2012, SQL Server Express, telerik, and a few other biggies. Is this even possible to image?
- Our server will be 2008 R2
1. What is the best free image capture software available?
2. What is the easiest most simple tool to use?
3. Does anyone have any complete documentation from beginning of capture process to deployment you'd be willing to share. The most complete step by step guide available?
4. We are thinking about using MDT. What version is best for windows 7 enterprise?
5. Is system center required for image capture and deployment?
6. What about using WAIK instead of MDT?