I have a SQL database data i.e on E:\SQL_DATA. I wanted to move it to another disk but I cannot change the E:\ drive. One solution in my mind is like following:
1. Shutdown the SQL database
2. Rename the directory from SQL_DATA to SQL_DATA_temp
3. Create again an empty SQL_DATA on the E:\
4. Get a bigger partion/disk, format it and mount the disk on E:\SQL_DATA directory
5. Copy all the the content of SQL_DATA_tmp directory to the new E:\SQL_DATA
6. Bring up the SQL again.
(the is Windows Server 2003 and the DB is SQL server 2005)
Is that scenario is possible?