Let me preface this first by saying I'm not a Microsoft expert so I'm just looking for some basic guidance. I'm working with a customer that is with a hosting provider on a shared AD and Exchange 2010 environment. They want to move to a dedicated environment but the provider is not willing to help. I've proposed the following migration process and would appreciate any feedback:
1. Stand up new AD servers with like for like usernames etc (passwords will need to be set by user)
2. Stand up new Dynamics and SQL server and migrate the data and application.
3. Re-code certain parts of Dynamics to talk to new AD
For Exchange it would be:
1. Build new Exchange farm tied to new AD
2. Migrate user mailboxes from Client-side (export PST -> import PST)