Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 376
  • Last Modified:

After deleted Ex2013 DB folders are left behind, cannot delete them

Hi Everyone

Environment : Server 2012 / Ex2013 fully updated

I've noticed that after deleting an additional Exchange DB that was used for testing purposes, remnants of the Exchange DB remain behind, which are:

indexmeta
journal
ms

{see attached}

How can i delete these?
If i try it says that they are in use, even though the DB has been successfully deleted.

Regards
1.PNG
0
aNaLyz3R
Asked:
aNaLyz3R
  • 4
  • 2
  • 2
  • +1
1 Solution
 
Arjun VyavahareTechnical ConsultantCommented:
Hi,

Try performing below command in exchange powershell:

Remove-MailboxDatabase -Identity "MyDatabase"

otherwise Microsoft has release CU1 for exchange 2013:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=38176

Before applying CU1 on exchange 2013 server, suggest you to take full backup and then apply CU1.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,
Arjun
0
 
aNaLyz3RAuthor Commented:
After running :
Remove-MailboxDatabase -Identity "DBName" it comes up saying the the DB cannot be found.
The DB has already been deleted, it's just these folders that remain.
I'll follow the process of loading CU1 and see if that helps....
0
 
Krishna PatilCommented:
Rather than CU1, go for SP1. Microsfot just released SP1 of Exchange 2013
0
Independent Software Vendors: We Want Your Opinion

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

 
aNaLyz3RAuthor Commented:
Awesome will complete the install over the weekend.
Are there any considerations when installing sp1?
0
 
Krishna PatilCommented:
Upgrade should be smooth, With SP1, microsoft re-added Edge transport role and major changes to DAG 13.

I just finished upgrade to SP1, and its going more smooth.
0
 
Arjun VyavahareTechnical ConsultantCommented:
Sorry Friend,

I was not aware about the SP1 release for Exchange 2013, but yes instead of implementing CU1, you can implement SP1 for Exchange 2013.

Regards,
Arjun
0
 
aNaLyz3RAuthor Commented:
Thanks guys, will will report back on Monday morning to confirm if everything is alright.
0
 
Simon Butler (Sembee)ConsultantCommented:
Have you restarted the Exchange Information Store? That is probably holding on to the files.
Changes to the databases now require an information store restart to take full effect.

Furthermore, be aware that there is a bug in Exchange 2013 over third party transport agents, such as those use by products like GFI Mail Essentials and Exclaimer. If you are using products like that you may want to move to CU3 instead, until the bug is resolved.

Simon.
0
 
aNaLyz3RAuthor Commented:
Hi guys

After loading SP1, the problem has gone away!
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: ZipGrep

ZipGrep is a utility that can list and search zip (.war, .ear, .jar, etc) archives for text patterns, without the need to extract the archive's contents.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way to say thank you for being a part of the community.

  • 4
  • 2
  • 2
  • +1
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now