Solved

Access07 - Report - Unbound textbox in Report Footer #Error but when in layout view it's not

Posted on 2014-02-28
13
371 Views
Last Modified: 2014-02-28
Hello all

Been away a few day.

I have a "Report" that I designed that when I'm in Preview or Form view mode an unbound Textbox shows me the total from it's control source formula...


However, when I "Preview" the form I'm getting #Error......  Is there a 07 bug or am I missing something??????
0
Comment
Question by:wlwebb
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 7
  • 6
13 Comments
 
LVL 61

Expert Comment

by:mbizup
ID: 39895923
What is the control source of the unbound textbox?
0
 

Author Comment

by:wlwebb
ID: 39895953
Mbiz

=[txtEOD1]+[txtAtLastPull1]+[txtAtCurrPull1]

those three textboxes are in the Report footer as well.  Individually they all show amts.... but when I add them in the other textbox #error (if I put them in the control source of one textbox as a formula I get #Error)
=[sRpt_MachPull_ReconcileEOD].[Report]![txtEODSincePullTtl1]
=[sRpt_MachPull_ReconcileLastPull].[Report]![txtAtLastPullTtl1]
=[sRpt_MachPull_ReconcileCurrentPullTime].[Report]![txtAtCurrentPullTtl1]
0
 
LVL 61

Expert Comment

by:mbizup
ID: 39895985
Any chance of seeing a sample copy of your database?

<<   =[txtEOD1]+[txtAtLastPull1]+[txtAtCurrPull1]    >>

You might have to replace those textbox names with their equivalent expressions based on the underlying table fields.

As to why it would fail in Print Preview... it may have to do with the timing of when those textboxes are available.  For example controls in the detail section of a report are not available until the Detail Print or Detail format events.

(But I'm just speculating here.)
0
NFR key for Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365

Veeam is happy to provide a free NFR license (for 1 year, up to 10 users). This license allows for the non‑production use of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 in your home lab without any feature limitations.

 

Author Comment

by:wlwebb
ID: 39895995
Stripping out a small version might be next to impossible......and whole I think will be too large to upload...

The timing is the conclusion I was coming up with too........  

I will see if I can whittle the db down for upload
0
 

Author Comment

by:wlwebb
ID: 39896009
Two parts FE/BE.... the Report is rpt_MachPull

BUT before you open that in forms... open frm_AAASetVariables

and put in an EmpID=2 ShiftID=39 UserID=2 and Date 1/2/14
LVL-Reporting.accdb
0
 
LVL 61

Expert Comment

by:mbizup
ID: 39896012
You can also try replacing those textbox names with expressions based on the actual fields.

Depending on how the report is configured (main report, subreports, etc) you may need to use DLookups or similar to get the needed fields.
0
 
LVL 61

Expert Comment

by:mbizup
ID: 39896016
Missed your last post.  I'll take a look.
0
 

Author Comment

by:wlwebb
ID: 39896021
0
 
LVL 61

Accepted Solution

by:
mbizup earned 500 total points
ID: 39896120
OK...

All of those "Text7" texboxes need their control sources changed so that they are using fields from the cross tab query as opposed to the textboxes on the previous subform.

This is an example of how ONE of them works:

=DSum("[1]","Ctabqry_LVLInfoDetails_CurrentPull","BusDay = #" & [BusDay] & "#")

Give it a try for the others....

Once you have those Text7's working properly, I  *think* the other totals will fall into place.
0
 

Author Comment

by:wlwebb
ID: 39896167
Thx.... I'll give it a try
0
 

Author Comment

by:wlwebb
ID: 39896276
Get #Error on my
=IIf(IsError(DSum("[1]","Ctabqry_LVLInfoDetailEODSinceLastPulll","BusDay<=#" & [BusDay] & "#")),0,DSum("[1]","Ctabqry_LVLInfoDetailEODSinceLastPull","BusDay<=#" & [BusDay] & "#"))

And on

=IIf(IsError(DSum("[1]","Ctabqry_LVLInfoDetails_AtLastPullTime","MaxBusDay=#" & [BusDay] & "#")),0,DSum("[1]","Ctabqry_LVLInfoDetails_AtLastPullTime","MaxBusDay=#" & [BusDay] & "#"))

I added [BusDay] field in header of rpt_MachPull................

Tried both without the [] around the 1 also... same result
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:wlwebb
ID: 39896344
THANKS!!!!  (I had a space in front of the number in the [] was causing the error.......)
0
 
LVL 61

Expert Comment

by:mbizup
ID: 39896386
Nice job!  :)
0

Featured Post

SharePoint Admin?

Enable Your Employees To Focus On The Core With Intuitive Onscreen Guidance That is With You At The Moment of Need.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

You need to know the location of the Office templates folder, so that when you create new templates, they are saved to that location, and thus are available for selection when creating new documents.  The steps to find the Templates folder path are …
Traditionally, the method to display pictures in Access forms and reports is to first download them from URLs to a folder, record the path in a table and then let the form or report pull the pictures from that folder. But why not let Windows retr…
Familiarize people with the process of retrieving data from SQL Server using an Access pass-thru query. Microsoft Access is a very powerful client/server development tool. One of the ways that you can retrieve data from a SQL Server is by using a pa…
With Microsoft Access, learn how to specify relationships between tables and set various options on the relationship. Add the tables: Create the relationship: Decide if you’re going to set referential integrity: Decide if you want cascade upda…

623 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question