I am one of the system administrators for a customer network for approx. 100 users. The network (rack, components and cables, etc.) was shutdown a couple weeks ago and packed up in prep for a scheduled work location move that occurred a couple weekends ago. The network was reconfigured and it is now back up and running. We are using a new Blade Chassis with fiber channel.
The network is back up for the most part but we ran into a problem where the Backup Server (HP G1 Blade Server) is now not detecting the HP MSL4048 Tape Library. I have done some of my own troubleshooting:
- Check the Onboard Administrator to make sure all is good with the blade server (backup server)
- I can ping the MSL4048 Tape Library from the backup server
- I can ping the backup server
- I check the fiber connections on the new Blade Chassis (module 3 & module 4 using Fiber channel gbits) and on the MSL 4048 Tape Library (there are 2 fiber connections top and bottom of the tape library). I get a connection light on both.
- I checked the event logs on the backup server. nothing useful found.
- I have shutdown both the MSL 4048 Tape library and backup server and brought them back up one at a time (Tape Library first).
- I have rebooted both MSL4048 Tape Library and backup server and the backup server still cannot detect the Tape Library
Any other troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated.