On a separate machine I have installed xampp, and the admin page was working. A few days this machine was off, and then I installed NetBeans without re-checking if the Apache Admin site was working (http://localhost
After installing Netbeans I wanted to go to phpMyAdmin, but it did not work. I did realized that the Apache admin site was not working also.
I disabled Windows Firewall, and my 3rd party antivirus/firewall, but still no dice. I unhooked my NAS drive from the network and it worked for a few minutes, then stopped again. I even unhooked my machine from the entire network, but it did not help.
I read online that it conflicts with Skype, and I used to have Skype on this machine, but removed it. I also don't have IIS on this machine.