hi I have purchased a: hpdc5700, e6300 from ebay.
I was advised to download the relevant updates from the following website:
1. I installed xp successfully
2. I installed all relevant drivers as per above url link successfully
3. xp can now be used and linked to my win 2003 domain and logged on as a domain user no problems.
1. I installed a basic image of win 7 manually on the same identical: hpdc 5700, but when I rebooted it shows the initial bios screen to press for example: f9, or f10 etc which does work, but if I let win 7 restart without pressing anything it appears to hang and just show a blank screen.
2. if I unplug cable and plug cable back in and switch machine on then win 7 boots up normally and I can logon normally.
3. I then installed some of the same xp drivers as above url link on same machine for example:
- bios - already upto date due to installing xp initially and installing bios at that stage
- installed intel chipset successfully
- I then did the following:
- installed video refresh rate for graphics xp & vista - successfully
- ms xp fix for no video issue when exiting s3 on rdc - unsuccessful as it stated no correct for operating system
note: I assumed the xp drivers would be sufficient for win 7 as I was told all os beyond xp and including xp would work.
question 1. can anyone advise as this maybe my issue as I am struggling to also capture an image back to my win 2003 wds server mixed mode, although once done I will be later be upgrading to win 2008, but wanted to resolve this last issue ?