Does anyone know of a 1-2-3 guide in setting up a Server 2012 r2 Remote Desktop farm?
There have been changes from 2008 and 2012 r2, so a 2008 guide will not work.
This is what I want to accomplish:
1. Setup multiple remote desktop servers to work with a barracuda load balancer, Lets start with 2 just to keep it simple.
a. I already setup the load balancer, which works great, so don't need help with that.
2. This is a very simple environment. Will only be using MS office, a .net app and Internet. I have already tested everything in 2012 r2 and it all works.
3. would like to see who is logged on (preferably which server) and be able to send messages to the users via remote desktop messenger.
4. would like to make sure that once a user has a session open, if disconnected, is returned to the same session once they log back on.
5. I think I want a session based environment, not 100% clear on why to use either session or virtual, again MS gives information, but not a real world example of which to choose.
6. Have two physical servers, would be great if I could introduce a Hyper server as well, but the two physical servers are most important.
Please don't point me to the MS TechNet article on 2012 r2, it just goes through features and doesn't give you the steps on how to accomplish.
Thank you for any help..