I have been having an issue with some users and their ability to open Office Docs (.xls, xlsx, doc, docx, etc) from SharePoint Document Libraries.
When they try to open a document, it launches the application (Excel) and tries to download/open the file but eventually kicks the error:
'Could not open 'http://sharepointserver/etc/filename.doc'
An added kicker, if I let it sit for a minute, Internet Explorer gives an 'Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage' message. It will also occasionally prompt me for credentials as well to get back into SharePoint (but it fails and just still displays the cannot display this page message).
PDFs open normally.
We use SharePoint 2010, Office Professional 2010 SP2, IE9, Windows 7 Enterprise.
What have I tried so far?
1) Made sure the site was added to compatibility view (corrects other issues for us)
2) Tried deleting the "C:\Users\username\AppData
ache" folder (saw this as a solution for a few people).
3) Made sure the user wasn't using IE-64bit.
4) Tried changing Local Intranet security settings (unchecking Auto Detect, adding site to zone manually).
5) Made sure 'Enable Integrated Windows Authentication was set under Internet Options > Advanced.
6) Went into Word and Excel and tried adding the path to Trust Center. Also turned off Protective View settings.
7) I turned off our Web Filter for the user as well (just to confirm that wasn't causing the issue).
8) I recreated the issue on a users machine as myself (Domain Admin).
Does anybody have any suggestions?
Thank you in advance!