I have a client that has a few thousand photos stored on about a dozen workstations.
The problem is that it's next to impossible to find any older photo, especially if the person that took it is no longer in the organization.
I ordered a Synology DS213j with 2TB of storage to move the photos all in one location. I'm looking for a solution that:
- will allow uploading of images via FTP or web interface
- auto-generates thumbnails
- supports adding tags to images
- supports searches using tags
- supports searches using the date the picture was taken
- can be queried using a web interface
- runs on Linux (I have a CentOS VM that I can use for this) and supports using a NAS as storage or
- (optional) can be installed directly on the Synology NAS
- (optional) supports de-duplication
- (optional) supports pdf preview
- (optional) reads info from IPTC data
- (optional) can automatically add tags like "night", "portrait", "outdoor" etc
- (optional) supports users rights assignment.
- free or low cost (under $200)
I've looked at several asset management software and Resource Space
seemed to be close to what I want. I've read that it works OK once you get it working, but setup is not for the faint of heart.
Anyone has recommendations or experience with this type of projects?
I appreciate any pointers.