I have an issue with a dynamic disk showing two slices of "allocated space". This is how I got to it:
1) Created Partition 1 and Partition 2 on DISK1
2) Converted Disk 1 to Dynamic
3) Formatted both partition with 64K cluster size (to support for future upgrades of partitions to over 16TB without having to re-format).
4) Added more disks to the RAID array and extended the array and the logical drive.
5) Refreshed disk management and I see two slices of "Unallocated Space" one of 127GB and the other 8TB.
6) Trying to extend partition 1 or 2 over 127GB and it fails. Its as if the extra space is not seen. This is where I am stuck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated for this.
Info of cluster sizes:
Windows 2008 R2 on a HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8.
HP P822 RAID HBA
HP D6000 Disk Enclosure