I have a rather poorly behaving Windows (v7) program that crashes (.net crash) once or twice a day. Because the crashes occur during different activities (but same error), I am looking for some sort of correlation or consistent factor. I am wondering if it is a memory leak, if the crashes occur after a certain number of key presses or other activities.
Is there a tool that can monitor and record the activity of a specific Windows program and give me some revealing activity data?
BTW, all the usual suspects have been ruled out, such as,
- The right version of the .Net framework
- All other necessary updates
- This is a GA testing thing... I do not have access to the source code.
- This software is in active use so not really a candidate for an automated software testing
- A crash appear to occur after (an educated guess) about 100 - 200 "operations".