Windows 7 workstation is unable to access files via network share if they are accessed via DFS namespace. DFS namespace is hosted on Windows Server 2008 R servers (multiple). Seems to be Workstation issue and not the server-side issue (pls. see below)
- Share can be accessed without any issues if direct link to a server share is used.
E.g. \\server01\share1 can be accessed, but its mapping to \\domain.com\dfsroot\share1 is not accessible, because if you would open \\domain.com\dfsroot it is empty
- Logged on with domain administrator account to the affected PC
- Accessed \\domain.com\dfsroot with the same domain administrator account on ANOTHER PC
Got a list of shares, all is fine.
- Tried flushing all caches on affected PC
- Tried rebooting the PC
- Tried running dfsutil /pktinfo
Got a correct entry + the right target share marked as ACTIVE
All ideas to troubleshoot this issue are welcome :)