Office 2013 and calendar items missing
Posted on 2014-03-16
I have a serious issue. I built a new laptop for an internal user who is switching laptops for a new one. Office 2013 is running on the new one and Office 2010 is running on the old one.
The user is using our in-house MS Exchange 2010 server and I already have several users (including me) running Office 2013. Actually, because I am the network administrator, I have several computers running either Office 2010 or 2013 under Win7 or Win 8.1 and I have never experienced this issue with my own account on multiple computers.
The problem with this user's email account is the following: all his appointments (1500+ of them), past and future, are all showing in his Outlook 2010 (only one single calendar, the one tied to the Exchange Server account) but in Office 2013, only a handful are showing (despite the calendar reporting the right number of items). In fact, even the future ones are "masked". I write "masked" because the date in the calendar is in Bold and he will even get the notification for the meetings but he can't see more than 90% of the meetings.
At this point, I have no clue what to do to fix this issue (other than scrapping his AD account/mailbox, which is the worse case scenario). Here is what I tried so far:
- Tried two laptops with Office 2013, same issue.
- Checked my own account against Office 2010 and Office 2013, no problem whatsoever (but I do not have 1500 items in my calendar, hundreds but no more).
- Ran a scanPST on his 2010 laptop OST, just in case, no success.
- Recreated his OST file in Office 2013, no success.
- Checked his mailbox in Exchange, nothing suspicious (quotas, all default values, etc.).
Unless someone has seen this problem before, I will have to phone Microsoft. Checked all forums across the Net for this issue and I never found a similar issue.
Can anyone help?