Website development when using HTTPS API calls to get/put information
Posted on 2014-03-17
My client wants to have a website developed that will get/put information using HTTPS API calls. The app is in Google APP Engine. Most API calls require basic auth like ADMIN and REST. User credentials are delivered in request header.
Website version 1.0 should have at least these functions (most using API):
- browse images
- users can register an account
- login: no specific login request is needed as the API is stateless. User credentials are required in all request headers (device_token or username & password)
- user can upload an image to server which max dimension are checked
- website is in different languages
- website has an backend to handle things with admin credentials
- website has an full blogging system
I am in no means a web developer (mainly I provide design and basic functionality) so my question is that what would be the best way to handle this kind of scenario? I will of course need to use a developer but I'm unsure what to ask from him. I have been using WordPress for almost all of my client projects and most things like different languages, blogging, facebook, twitter and other integrations are easy to do with it. Unfortunately I don't have any idea how to proceed on rest of the things.
Suggestions with good arguments are appreciated :)