Why am I getting an "Operation Failed" message when attempting to send emails through MS Outlook 2007?
Posted on 2014-03-18
I'm running Microsoft Outlook 2007 on my Windows 7 64 bit machine.
I've recently started receiving an "Operation Failed" dialog when attempting to send emails.
- I've got 2 profiles on my Outlook instance. 1 is Pop based and the other is Microsoft Exchange based (company.com).
- Emails sent to external addresses work fine. Emails sent to the Pop based instance work fine as well.
- Emails sent to addresses based on the Exchange instance fail. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sending to all emails worked fine until some point on Friday.
- At that point I noticed on doing a manual Send/Receive that send/receive on the Exchange server was taking a ridiculous amount of time; so I canceled the operation several times.
- If I log into the web instance of Outlook, I can send emails fine to all accounts.
The error message "Operation Failed" is pretty vague. I tried turning on logging to see if I get more information. Unfortunately, nothing jumped out in the log files.
How do I track this down?
Is this an address book issue?
Is there a way I can get more error information regarding the failure?
I've googled, but I haven't seen anything so far which really helps.
Just to reiterate; this was working all long until it started failing a couple of days ago.