I am running exchange 2013. I am using outlook 2013 as well for the most part.
I am running win 2012 as my functional domain level.
I had a DL (donorrelations) that I needed the email address, so I deleted the DL, and then I took a mailbox and renamed it to the name of the DL.
Now when I send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org it fails and comes back with the following info:
(how do I fix this?)
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
The email address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's email address and try to resend the message.
If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.
Diagnostic information for administrators:
Generating server: Exchange.domain.com
Remote Server returned '550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found'
Original message headers:
Received: from Exchange.domain.com (192.168.100.131) by
Exchange.domain.com (192.168.100.131) with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id
15.0.775.38; Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:42:45 -0700
Received: from Exchange.domain.com ([fe80::ca5:293d:1a54:34a5]) by
Exchange.domain.com ([fe80::ca5:293d:1a54:34a5%12]) with mapi id
15.00.0775.031; Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:42:45 -0700
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
From: Dan <email@example.com>
To: donorrelations <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: test to donor relations
Thread-Topic: test to donor relations
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:42:44 -0700