Hi there, I am in a weird situation.
I had a child domain w2k3 R2 (a.me.com)
it crashed years ago (7 years), we removed it using ntdsutil and he created a new one with se same name.
2 weeks ago, the company merged with another (b.me.com), so I had to get rid off the child domain. I used dcpromo for the a.me.com (which cleared) and now on the AD domains and trusts I can see the a.me.com (old one).
Using the ntdsutil, in metadata I cannot remove the domain, (no site available) with the error:
sRemoveDsDomainW error 0x2015(The directory service can perform the requested operation only on a leaf object.).
Also, in Partition management, I can see: DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=a\0ADEL:bb7cc7ce-96f6-4a98-888c-ed139937e2ed,DC=me,DC=com, and when I try to delete it using "delete nc" I get:
ldap_delete_ext_sW error 0x20(32 (No Such Object).
I now that is a.me.com is the old one because in the ADSIEDIT and LDP.exe I can see the new a.me.com with different numbers: a\0ADEL:8dbf60e9-3d1d-4b97-8e02-fe3c2186890a,DC=me,DC=com.
The old one is still there and I cannot remove it.