[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 176
  • Last Modified:

Exchange 2007 Upgrade to Exchange 2010

I recently upgraded our exchange from 2007. I put exchange 2010 on a new server, I moved all mailboxes to the new server. I have the internal and external settings in all of the services. I have my SSL certificate installed as well as a self-signed certificate. I am ready to decommission the old server. I still have one problem though.
My active sync users can no longer connect. I have tried to do an Exchange connection multiple ways. With the iphones it just hangs on 'verifying' or with the androids it just keeps trying to 'sync'. I am running out of things to try, I have researched and researched.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Does having both servers still coexisting have anything to do with it?
What do I need to do to completely get rid of the old servers in the domain? (Looks like there is reminisce of an old EX 2003 server as well)
0
Jennifer
Asked:
Jennifer
3 Solutions
 
Adam BrownSr Solutions ArchitectCommented:
What is your autodiscover.domain.com pointing to in your Public DNS? Is it pointing to the public IP of the 2007 server or 2010? Autodiscover needs to point to 2010, as well as the rest of your public DNS records for email except for legacy.domain.com.
0
 
Hypercat (Deb)Commented:
Is your router forwarding the activesync requests to the new server?  This would usually be done by NATting incoming packets on port 443 to the new server's internal private IP address.
0
 
AmitIT ArchitectCommented:
Goto Exrca.com and run the activesync test, that will tell you where is the issue.
0
Easily manage email signatures in Office 365

Managing email signatures in Office 365 can be a challenging task if you don't have the right tool. CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 will help you implement a unified email signature look, no matter what email client is used by users. Test it for free!

 
Md. MojahidCommented:
With Activesync, as long as the FQDN specified in the Server section matches the certificate name and resolves in DNS, then Activesync should work.

Presumably the default certificate is not an FQDN that resolves externally in DNS which is why you are getting an issue.
0
 
JenniferIT DirectorAuthor Commented:
I had to go away from this for awhile. I apologize. I never could get it to work on mobile phones. In testing the activesync it was working for most of the test. I will have to test again and post back.
0
 
JenniferIT DirectorAuthor Commented:
I completely removed the old server from the network for other reasons. I have also since had to make some DNS changes and exchange server changes. I can't say that any of the comments above fixed it but I did look into each of those so I am giving a multiple point solution.
0

Featured Post

Get your problem seen by more experts

Be seen. Boost your question’s priority for more expert views and faster solutions

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now