Folder Redirection Not Working for One User
Posted on 2014-03-25
Hello all - I have a roaming profile, folder redirection (My Docs & Desktop) environment. I've had my battles with login errors before and my usual fixes took care of any roaming or folder redirection issues but this one is different. With past issues I'm able to view the event logger with information on which fix to apply but this recent issue does not give me any related error, the folders do not redirect and it's just one account. Here are the steps I've taken.
1. Verified the user is in the right OU Same as all the other staff members with Folder Redirect.
2. Verified the user has the same AD Folder redirection group as all the other staff members.
3. Verified the Folder redirection path has the user with Full Control (I even recreated the folder)
4. Recreated roaming profile on server, renamed profile on local pc as and deleted regkey in profilelist to clear any issues with any cache files. Pretty much re-created profile from scratch.
5. Removed her from the AD group and readded her, added a middle name in the description of the AD account (but I didn't change the login name) to see if that would help.
I've tried everything I can think of short of deleted her account and recreated it in the AD with a different login but that worries me since I do not know the root of the issue and it can happen again.
Any suggestionson what to try next?