I work for a college, & a teacher emailed me the email from the student asking if I could do anything to get this working. The file is a corrupt Word file.
I’ve tried the Microsoft fix it tool but no luck w/ that either. Says the damage to this document wasn’t caused by the oMath or mciChoices tag & cannot be fixed by this troubleshooter.
Trying to open & repair through Word says cannot be repaired because missing parts. The document itself is 746k, which leads me to believe something is in the file just corrupt. I’ve an evaluation of systools word recovery but says contents are missing.
I tried a word recovery program from Remo, but when I try the repair program it tells me the file is invalid.
I’ve scanned the document w/ Norton nav & no infections were found.
I don’t know if anyone has any other ideas to try or is this document hopeless. If the file can be fixed I'd like to know how the repair was done.
I'd think office 2013 would work w/ office 2010 if this person made this in office 2013. The college uses office 2010