- OS: Windows Server 2008 R2
- Environment: ESXi 5.5
We have 3 VMs, and ONLY the Server 2008 R2 is having a network issue as follow:
Suddenly, our application server has lost its network connection. I still can see the network adaptor on the device manager and network connections of the control panel, but when I type 'IPconfig' from cmd, it gives me an empty result.
1. I also run the 'windows network Diagnostics' and it says 'Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.'
2. Also, I tried 'netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt' and 'netsh winsock reset', but it doesn't make any difference..
3. disable and re-enable the NIC did not make any difference.
4. Uninstall and re-install the NIC did not make any difference.
Please advise me to resolve this issue. Thank you!