We have Exchange 2010 SP1 server. We've had issues with one of the Exchange 2010 databases, and now that EDB cannot come online.
So I've ended up doing is using a 3rd party tool (Lepide) to export the EDB into PSTs for each user.
I have the PSTs and I'm trying to import them into a new EDB I've created. There are 2 issues:
1) Importing into Exchange server directly with this command takes DAYS and does not finish at all for ANY mailbox even small ones:
New-MailboxImportRequest -Mailbox <userMailbox> - FilePath <pathToPstFile>
I read on forums that this is a EXC2010 SP1 bug.. But that's the main concern, since I can import the PSTs via Outlook. However, here's the second issue:
2) When I open the new user's Outlook profile and import the old PST data, the import works but the data gets overwritten by Exchange server!!! So all the imported emails are deleted! As example, I'm attaching a screen shot that shows the server data and Outlook data.