Consider this scenario
Sensor asset streaming ‘live’ media (media = ‘video’).
‘live’ media can be archived (client driven).
Archived media can be searched (There’s metadata so keyword searches can be performed)
Archived media can be streamed (effectively this video on demand)
At issue, I’m struggling to define resource representations that make a clear distinction between ‘live’ video and ‘video on demand’ (archived media being streamed)
1. Get live media
2. Get live media based on Keyword
3. Get archived media
4. Get archived media based on Keyword,etc (timestamp)
5. Stream archived media (hence video on demand) using uuid from response in 3 and 4 above…
The representation in 5) now introduced
An alternate representation considered is as follows eliminates the 'archived media' representation:
1. Get live stream
2. Get live stream based on Keyword
3. Get on-demand stream
4. Get on-demand stream based on Keyword,etc (timestamp)
5. Stream archived media on-demand (hence video on demand) using uuid from response in 3 and 4 above…
6. Search for 'archived media'.
Thoughts on the above? I’m open to alternate composites and representations.