I've ask on here before but thought I would try again
Ok so our company has a problem with certain web sites some http and some https for example we cannot access www.gov.uk
from a Win 7 client.
This is what I have tried so far...
1. Cannot access certain web sites from Win 7, server 2012 clients – Win XP, 2003 client works fine
2. I’ve tried my Win 7 laptop works fine from home doesn’t work on WL network
3. I’ve tried several different browsers (IE 8,9,10,11, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
4. I’ve tried clean boot Win 7 machine with no AV and firewall
5. I’ve tried 32bit version on Win 7 (We use 64bit)
6. I’ve had the Cisco Pix firewall checked and the config doesn’t block any traffic at all
7. I’ve tried importing certificates from the Win XP machines
8. We can telnet to port 80 and port 443 on site that won’t display in our browsers like www.gov.uk
9. I’ve installed wireshark and followed the TCP\IP stream – I can’t see strange in the results.
10. I’ve tried using the Google public DNS 220.127.116.11 – made no difference
11. There are no group policy in place
12. Make no different in the client is a member of our domain or not