We have an SBS2008 server that hold the Timeslips 2011 database
We have a 10 user license on 10 Windows workstations
This is what I've documented
Timeslips 2011 error
Referencing: The BDE settings for this computer do not meet the requirements for working with Timeslips. This can cause Timeslips to respond slowly or can result in other errors. Timeslips can automatically update these settings for you. Do you want to update your BDE settings now?
- Researched and found these possible results
- One of the possible fixes - . Unless your client is making active use of the Enhanced Navigator and Timeslips Today, go to Setup/preferences/Navigator tab and revert each workstation to the classic navigator.
- Make sure that when you try to run Timeslips that you have checked the option under the icon's properties to "run as administrator."
- go into Station Administrator and clicked on Options, Diagnose this Computer. It said that I had BDE problem and it told me to reinstall the BDE
- Steps To Delete Timeslips Locking Files Question How can I delete Timeslips locking files? Answer
1. All Timeslips users must close out of Timeslips.
2. Go to Start; Find\Search for files and folders.
3. If this is a network, search the network drive where Timeslips resides, otherwise select the C: drive
4. Search for the following files and delete them.
5. Retry the process.
6. If the error persists reboot the workstation having the issue.
7. Retry the process.
8. If the error continues to persist it is necessary to reboot the server where Timeslips resides.
- we were able to see one of the .lck files on the server and deleted it.
This time the PC's Time Slips 2011 opened but its intermittent
Looking for any additional helpful information