Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
?
Solved

ActiveSync issue

Posted on 2014-04-04
4
Medium Priority
?
259 Views
Last Modified: 2014-04-30
We are migrating and Exchange 2003 server to 2010.  The 2010 CAS array consists of two servers.  We tried to switch external name, webmail.contoso.com, from the current 2003 OWA server to the 2010 CAS array.  Outlook Web Access worked perfectly.  We tried OWA from Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows server 2012 R2.  All worked perfectly.

The problem we ran into was the smartphones.  None of the smartphones would sync.  We tried setting up new accounts on smartphones.  We were not able to setup the accounts on the phones.  We got an account error.  We tried many more times the password lockout policy would allow and none of the accounts were locked out so I think the requests aren't even reaching the domain controllers.

Thanks for your help.

Bill
0
Comment
Question by:labdunn
  • 2
4 Comments
 
LVL 15

Expert Comment

by:jerseysam
ID: 39978008
Have you read article:


http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/Q_26451297.html

1. Disable Activesync on the Exchange account.
2. Uncheck inheritable permissions
3. Delete CN=ExchangeActiveSyncDevices from under my user container in ADSIEdit
4. Force AD Replication
5. Enable Activesync on my Exchange account
6. Check Inheritable permissions
7. Force AD Replication
8. Create Exchange profile on my iPhone.
0
 
LVL 63

Expert Comment

by:Simon Butler (Sembee)
ID: 39979874
The CAS Array address should NOT be used for anything other than MAPI traffic. It should not be used for web services, Outlook Anywhere, ActiveSync etc. It should also NOT resolve externally.

You should have at least two host names for the Exchange servers - a CAS Array address and a web services address. Trying to use the CAS Array address for other things will cause problems with Outlook in particular.

Simon.
0
 
LVL 1

Accepted Solution

by:
labdunn earned 0 total points
ID: 40022803
I had to call Microsoft on this one.  The problem turned out to be a setting on the Exchange 2003 server.  Thanks for you thoughts and suggestions.
0
 
LVL 1

Author Closing Comment

by:labdunn
ID: 40031556
Had to call Microsoft for a solution
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: SSL Checker

Scans your site and returns information about your SSL implementation and certificate. Helpful for debugging and validating your SSL configuration.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Want to know how to use Exchange Server Eseutil command? Go through this article as it gives you the know-how.
Steps to fix error: “Couldn’t mount the database that you specified. Specified database: HU-DB; Error code: An Active Manager operation fail”
In this video we show how to create a Resource Mailbox in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: Navigate to the Recipients >> Resources tab.: "Recipients" is our default selection …
The basic steps you have just learned will be implemented in this video. The basic steps are shown to configure an Exchange DAG in a live working Exchange Server Environment and manage the same (Exchange Server 2010 Software is used in a Windows Ser…
Suggested Courses

963 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question