I have an existing table that I need to add attachments from another Access 2010 database. I need the record ID in the imported attachment records to match the record ID of the existing table.
What occurred here is that this is an Access 2010 Web database and when I was trying to replicate an existing Web Database application I kept getting a SharePoint I/O error, after doing some research I discovered that this was occurring because of an attachment with an illegal character in it's name. So I just deleted the attachments data column and I was able to publish the web database.
Now I need to add back the attachments I deleted; now since this is occurring client side I should be able to use standard VBA, Macros or whatever to accomplish this so it's not restricted to web type objects which is why I didn't just tag this for Access Services.
p.s. It would be preferable to have this solution do each attachment record as a loop or something similar so I can tell where it fails. This way I could also identify the attachment(s) that were resulting in my original I/O SharePoint issue and then fix them by renaming or deleting just those specific attachments.