I just installed Crystal Reports 2013 on a Windows 2008 R2 server b/c you can't connect to excel 2010 workbooks using CRXI. So, now I am having issue with my connectoin to my .xlsm sheet through CR2013. I can connect to it, but it only shows me one of the many worksheets that exist in this workbook (14 worksheets altogether) and shows one named range. So, all in all the worksheet that I need to connect to is the first worksheet and it not visible in the database expert (amoung most other sheets).
Below is the process i used to create a connection to the excel sheet.
1. I setup the System DNS using \\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe
2. I choose the Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx,*.xlsm, *.xlsb).
3. Then selected Database version Excel 12.0 and selected the workbook i wanted to point to (a .xlsm file)...I named the connection "Trade Blotter"
4. Then in CR2013 I click on Database > Database Expert and "Create New Connection" using ODBC (RDO), under Data Source Name I select "Trade Blotter" and hit finish.
Thanks for the help on this.