I installed an external tandberg rdx on an ubuntu linux server a year ago. There are three exchangeable 500Gb cartridges. I have set up cron jobs for each day of the week, backing around 40Gb a day to folders monday, tuesday, etc
The user ejects the cartridge once a week using the ubuntu desktop and loads the next in sequence.
For the last few weeks they have been unable to eject the cartridge.
I have updated to the latest version of the OS. Restarted several times, removed power from the tandberg caddy, etc.
It just will not eject. The data is all visible and the backup works.
I used an ssh session to mount and umount the device - all as it should be
also eject -v /dev/sdc1 - the response is scsi eject successful but it still does not actually eject.
There is a small hole on the drive above the cartridge. I tried a paperclip in there but without result.