My entire network has a problem with opening password protected Excel files. When the file is password protected it will not prompt for the password it will open a blank Excel (no cells). I've tested this in several ways:
With an outside company sending me a protected file through the email.
Putting the file on a flash drive and trying to open it on my PC.
Creating a password protected file on my own desktop.
All the above are unable to be opened properly. I thought at first it was a setting on my Symantec Endpoint Protection. But I uninstalled it and I still have the problem.
I took a file that I created on my own desktop and I could not open it was able to be opened on another company's network.
I'm not sure where to look in my Server (2008 R2 Standard) and the versions of Excel that we are using are 2007 and 2010.