Locking down laptop security
Posted on 2014-04-11
We have a corporate laptop that is used in different places. I’m looking to force different TCP/IP configurations based on where the laptop is used. Let me know if this is possible.
The network experienced hacking attempts every day and I’ve done my best to lock everything down. This laptop is a pain because it’s being used in different locations without my control.
Here are the specs:
1. The laptop runs Win 7 Home premium
2. If the wired network connection is used, it should default to 10.10.10.9, SM 255.255.255.248, DG 10.10.10.1, dns 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124
3. The user should be able to change the default into mentioned above if they are out of the office and need something different
4. If it is changed, it should always default back to the TCP/IP info mentioned above.
5. If wireless is used, then it can use dynamic TCP/IP but the wireless is normally disabled
6. If the wireless is enabled, the wired connection should go into disable mode.