We have a bit of a issue with some files on our new server 2012. I ;ll run through whats been done up to now and the explain whats happening. If anyone could offer advice on possible reasons/fixes that would be great.
1. Macs users where accessing files on a Mac server
2. All the files were copied from the Old mac server onto a new Windows 2012 server which is part of a SBS 2011 domain.
3. Macs users where all given new imacs which were bound to the domain and are accessing the transferred files on the new server 2012 through alias. They are suing sbs 2011 user domain credentials to authenticate to files on server
There is something not right file file permissions or something becuase the following is happening with the files for the MAC users seemingly at random times with random files...
1. A mac user can open a file on the server and then try to save to the same name/location and be told they dont have permission to do that.
2. The mac user cant see the file they want in the folder on the server, but if I log on to the actual server as admin I can see the file, but I cant open it and am told the file cannot be found. If I copy the file to a different location then both I can open it and the mac user can see it.
3. Quite a few of the files are becoming corrupt once written back to the server.
I dont know if it make a difference but for the first time we have used Team Nic'ing on the server. We have teamed all four server Gigabyte sockets into one and spread the cat5 connections over 3 switches. I only mention this because ive never used it before.
Thanks for any help you can give.