Lot of packet drops in a Wireless LAN
Posted on 2014-04-12
we have an issue persisting since first day of implementation.
Lot of packet drops from Wireless LAPTOP to other Wireless Laptop and
confirmed that Over Wire Nettwork they are working fine.
Our scenario is :
SG- 300 POE switch
Cisco 1602I Acccess points (4 qty) Cisco WLC 2504 controller
Brief description :
1. Cisco WLC is connected to Trunk port of SG-300 Switch
2. 4 Access points are connected to Access ports of SG-300 switch
3. SG-300 switch is L2 mode.
Testing carried :
1. Disable 3 Access points and worked with single Access point but no result still packet drops
2. WMM disabled and enale cleanair but no result
3. upgraded WLC 7.4.121 codee to 7.6.100 and all registration are happened but issue persists
4. Did Link test from Switch to controller and Access points , that shows fine.
Help requried :
1. How to debug (COmmands) to see why packet drops getting from a PC to other PC.
2. Did debug client <MAC> but nothing shown , is there any other commands
3. Any anlayser tools that gives why Packet drops getting
4. Over wire network , speed test showing good but wireless network speed test for internet showing less Bandwidth
Pls advice for debug the issue
Can we connect SG-300 switch in L2 mode to WLC .