My niche is customizing and selling computers to the "technologically challenged", mainly individuals age 50+. I have been selling lots of Win7 computers because of Win8. I have customized a few Win8 computers for customers using Classic Shell. They seem to do OK with it but don’t like it as much as straight Win7. With the new Win8.1 update I'm wondering if it's time to take the plunge into Win8. All things being equal I’d go with Win8 merely because Win7 will go out of support sooner.
1. Is Win8.1 appreciably more secure than Win7?
2. Does it run more efficiently?
3. On the same machine will it give my customers more hardware upgrade options?
4. Has anyone actually downloaded the new update? Does it really make the machine
look like Win7?
5. Any gotcha's you can think of in moving to Win8?