Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
?
Solved

SCCM 2012 R2 Upgrade

Posted on 2014-04-14
4
Medium Priority
?
175 Views
Last Modified: 2016-06-04
Hi I was running SCCM 2012 SP1 with the one primary site and a distribution point and a management point in a non-trusted forest. I have upgraded the primary site to R2, but the upgrade of the DP and MP in non-trusted forest is failing with the following errors. The re install keeps failing.

I have tried-
1. To add the server account from the second forest to the group "SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_MP_DPC" but unable to do as it is from another forrest
2. Check the firewall
3. Added a entry in the host file to resolve the FQDN

Errors in order-

1. Site Component Manager failed to add machine account SV-MP-SCCM.[DOMAIN NAME] to the user group SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_MP_DPC, this must be done manually.

2. Site Component Manager failed to install this component, because the Microsoft Installer File for this component (MP.msi) could not install.

3. Site Component Manager failed to reinstall this component on this site system.

Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. Site Component Manager will automatically retry the reinstallation in 60 minutes. To force Site Component Manager to immediately retry the reinstallation, stop and restart Site Component Manager using the Configuration Manager Service Manager.

Please help. Thank you.
0
Comment
Question by:PremCab
  • 2
4 Comments
 
LVL 31

Expert Comment

by:merowinger
ID: 40001067
Is the Primary Site Server local Administrator on the remote MP and DP Server?
Is there a trust between the Forests? You should be able to add the MP's Machine Account to the specific SCCM group
0
 

Author Comment

by:PremCab
ID: 40002925
Thank you for your reply. There is no trust between the forests. So no I can't add the Primary site server to the local admin group on the DP/MP.
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
PremCab earned 0 total points
ID: 40002944
For those who might be interested I have fixed the issue. I don't have an explanation on how the fix worked.

After trying several different things including,
1. Fiddling with Forrest discovery
2. Changing the install account for the MP/DP

I managed to fix it by installing a new role on the MP/DP server. I installed the USMT role just to see if that would give the install process a kick in the gut and it worked. The roles are properly installed now. No errors. Thank you.
0

Featured Post

Get free NFR key for Veeam Availability Suite 9.5

Veeam is happy to provide a free NFR license (1 year, 2 sockets) to all certified IT Pros. The license allows for the non-production use of Veeam Availability Suite v9.5 in your home lab, without any feature limitations. It works for both VMware and Hyper-V environments

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

New style of hardware planning for Microsoft Exchange server.
Web hosting control panels were first developed to make it faster and easier for most users to set up and operate websites. The graphical user interface (GUI) allows users to perform tasks by pointing and clicking rather than typing highly specific…
If you're a developer or IT admin, you’re probably tasked with managing multiple websites, servers, applications, and levels of security on a daily basis. While this can be extremely time consuming, it can also be frustrating when systems aren't wor…
This lesson discusses how to use a Mainform + Subforms in Microsoft Access to find and enter data for payments on orders. The sample data comes from a custom shop that builds and sells movable storage structures that are delivered to your property. …
Suggested Courses

927 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question