SCCM 2012 R2 Upgrade
Posted on 2014-04-14
Hi I was running SCCM 2012 SP1 with the one primary site and a distribution point and a management point in a non-trusted forest. I have upgraded the primary site to R2, but the upgrade of the DP and MP in non-trusted forest is failing with the following errors. The re install keeps failing.
I have tried-
1. To add the server account from the second forest to the group "SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_MP_DPC" but unable to do as it is from another forrest
2. Check the firewall
3. Added a entry in the host file to resolve the FQDN
Errors in order-
1. Site Component Manager failed to add machine account SV-MP-SCCM.[DOMAIN NAME] to the user group SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_MP_DPC, this must be done manually.
2. Site Component Manager failed to install this component, because the Microsoft Installer File for this component (MP.msi) could not install.
3. Site Component Manager failed to reinstall this component on this site system.
Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. Site Component Manager will automatically retry the reinstallation in 60 minutes. To force Site Component Manager to immediately retry the reinstallation, stop and restart Site Component Manager using the Configuration Manager Service Manager.
Please help. Thank you.