We are planning to acquire two new servers for our company. Both are going to be Windows 2012 Servers.
1. Windows 2012 Server - PDC - will be used as fileserver
2. Windows 2012 Server + SQL 2012 - SDC - Application server
3. Data storage - Connected to both the servers but disks assigned to each server
My question is that;
1. Do we need to get the same number of Windows 2012 CALs for both the servers? Can we just get 20 CALS for the PDC and only the default CAL for SDC since no one will be logging in to the server per se.
2. Does SQL server CALs need to be the same as user CALS?