My boss has an Asus desktop that came with Win 8. It had some bundled McAfee crap on it (not sure if that contributed to anything) but I did the upgrade to 8.1. After that none of his tiles worked. I read it may have been anti virus so I did the uninstall but that didn't help. I went to the Windows App Store but it was giving me an error and told me to Refresh, so I did. After that the tiles were showing microsoft.appstore and stuff like it didn't have any correlation between package id and names. I can't remember the exact name but it's something like DisplayAppList error or something like that. I checked Windows updates and there are 46 more updates to do so I left it doing the update last night hoping it will fix it but I'm not too confident.