I have a large number of Excel files in one folder e.g. C:\Users\Me\Documents\Files\[*.xlsm]
One of the files is a summary of all the other files. It's just a list of all the other files with certain cells summarized. Let's call it list.xlsm.
In the first column are descriptive names of each file.
I have elected to add a hyperlink to these names that points to that file so I can open it easily.
Twice now, I've found the hyperlinks corrupted like this:
So, since list.xlsm is in the same folder, the implication of this link would be C:\Users\Me\Documents\Files\file.xlsm
This morning I opened the list.xlsm file and tried to use the hyperlinks. They didn't work.
In opening the links for editing, I find them changed to this:
that's right -../../ and so forth and the following reference to AppData, etc. exactly.
This is the second time that this has happened. I need to prevent this as I only know how to fix it with a tedious manual process.