[Okta Webinar] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1504
  • Last Modified:

Sync iPhone to Exchange Server

My client has two iPhones (running iOS 7.1.2) which used to sync OK to Exchange Server 2007 (version 08.01.0436.000) which runs on their company server (SBS 2008, SP2).

The synchronisation suddenly stopped working.

I can setup a separate Android phone to sync OK to the same accounts.

I can setup the iPhones to sync OK to another Exchange server, using different accounts.

Can anyone please suggest how I can resolve this.

The only clue so far is the the SSL certificate on the SBS 2008 server has expired, if that makes a difference?

I have tried deleting/re-entering the problem accounts on the iPhones, but it makes no difference.
I have tried re-booting the phones and the server, but again it makes no difference.

Any suggestions anyone?
0
socross
Asked:
socross
  • 2
  • 2
1 Solution
 
Tyler VerkadeCommented:
If you go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > *Exchange Acct Name* > Account > Advanced Settings, is the "Use SSL" slider activated?
0
 
David AtkinIT ProfessionalCommented:
If its a self signed security certificate then run the 'Fix My Network' wizard from the SBS Console (Network>Connectivity).  This will re-new the certificate for you.

Then re-create the Email account on the iPhone and re-test.
0
 
socrossAuthor Commented:
Tyler, yes the "Use SSL" slider is activated.
0
 
Tyler VerkadeCommented:
If your SSL certificate is expired in SBS and you haven't renewed it/do not plan to renew it, I would try to unactivate that slider on the iPhones and see if you're able to connect. I know that I need to have SSL enabled in my mail settings on my iPhone to connect to my office's Exchange server. I would recommend renewing your SSL cert, even if it's just a self-signed cert within the SBS console.
0
 
socrossAuthor Commented:
David,
Tried your suggestion and wizard said:
Cannot create a new certificate. Restart the Certificate Authority service and then try again.
Could not find that service listed under Services, but found Certification Authority under Start/Administrative Tools. Opened it. Clicked on Certification Authority (Local), then Action, then Retarget Certification Authority. This appeared to generate a number of new certificates.
Deleted and re-created accounts on the iPhones and hey presto, all working!  Many thanks.
Mike Cross (socross).
0

Featured Post

Industry Leaders: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

  • 2
  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now