Hello, looking for some assistance on an error we are receiving on an Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V installation. This is a full server installation, not a core install. We have one VM and it will not start, the error is "Could not initialize machine remoting system. Error: Element not found (0x80070490)" It is then following by the error "Could not find a usable certificate. Error Element not found (0x80070490)", See the attached screenshot for the full error.
So far I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting that has included:
1. Restarting the Hyper-V services.
2. Restarting the server.
3. Creating a new VM that will not start. This tells me it is a Hyper-V issue and not particular to the VM that won't start.
4. Removed all local FQDN certificates from all certificate stores.
5. Imported the local FQDN self generated certificate into the Hyper-V vhdsvc\Personal certificate store.
6. Uninstalled the Hyper-V role, rebooted and re-installed the Hyper-V role and rebooted.
The only information I can find on this error says the certificate is supposed to be generated once the hyper-v services start but that doesn't fix the issue.
Any help would be appreciated.