Fault in MSO9.DLL
Posted on 2014-07-14
Wondering if this rings a bell for anyone...
I've got a client that has an Access 2000 program that is randomly generating a fault in MSO9.DLL.
It always faults at offset 0x0007b9f2 with a 0xc0000094, which is a divide by zero error.
This program has been solid for years and now is faulting for some reason. SQL Server is the backend.
There are numerous apps running on this server (2008 R2) and none are having problems except this one. Nothing new or has been changed that I'm aware of. Things I have done:
1. Rebuilt the DB - fresh MOB, imported tables and queries, did saveastext/loadfromtext for forms and report, and cut and pasted all code from old to new. New DB compiles fine.
2. Compacted and repaired.
3. Turned off name Auto correct.
4. Replaced the MSO9.DLL from another machine
5. Renamed MSO9.DLL and then did a repair on Office 2000.
6. Doesn't appear to be a resource problem; happens with as little as processing a few orders or a hundred and I can turn around and process the batch that just failed and it will go through fine.
Any thoughts are welcome. I've been hacking away at this for about five days now and it's driving me nuts.