I've been building a workbook that is designed to be as automated as possible since the client think a macro is a fish.
I'm going to break this into different questions, with this being the first. Now that I've set the stage I have attached the workbooks.
I'm going to do my level best in explain this.
1. Save the two attached files. The Append file will add to the Cost allocation file
2. When you open the workbook you will notice in row 1 beneath columns L & M a command button labeled "Append"
3. What this does is add new tabs to the existing Cost Allocation workbook. You will be ask a year so please enter the two digit number 15
4. This workbook should now have twelve new tabs labeled Jan 15...Dec 15.
5. This works perfectly.
6. However, the consolidated worksheet only shows the data for the first year, in this case 2014 in Column B.
7. (Please disregard formulas for now. I'll get to that later. I'm trying to take this one small step at a time)
8. What the client is asking for is to automate adding the yearly summary ranges (row 6-17) using a macro (second question). This question is asking to move
the rows 18 and 19 to 32 and 33 (if I counted correctly).
9. If they added a third year rows 32 and 33 would move
to 44 and 45, etc. for year added year.
10. Row 18 is simply a spacer where the row is smaller and colored gray
11. Row 19 represents the total for the project. (Again, please disregard formulas and copying the details to rows 20 and 31 at this point. More questions to follow)
I know I will be asking a lot from EE on this project. Contributions are so appreciated and if you need clarity no problem.