[Last Call] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now


Exchange 13 - Can't remove resource delegates

Posted on 2014-07-17
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2014-07-18
Recently migrated a client to Exchange 2013 from 2007. 2013 is running on SP1 (CU4).

The 10 resource mailboxes (all rooms) after the migration are not behaving properly. All of the resources had Booking Delegates on them. Per request, I removed the Booking Delegates and set it to auto accept/deny and not allow conflicts.

1st. If a user sends a calendar request to the room, they receive a confirmation email back but it still says it was on behalf of the booking delegate (despite them being removed as a delegate).

2nd. Free/busy doesn't seem to be working for the migrated ones as they always show as Free. In addition, it auto-accepts all requests even if there is a conflict.

I created a new room mailbox with default settings without a booking delegate, it behaved as expected and desired. Free/busy works for it too.
Question by:Schuyler Dorsey
  • 3
LVL 10

Author Comment

by:Schuyler Dorsey
ID: 40202412
I did a get-mailbox and get-calendarprocessing and compared the new test one versus one of the problematic one and do not see any differences.
LVL 10

Accepted Solution

Schuyler Dorsey earned 0 total points
ID: 40205736
After we removed the booking delegates, the room stopped working. Users would not receive email confirms, room was not accepted and it was never added to the calendar. Found that if we added a booking delegate back in, the room would start working again but the confirmation emails would still come from the OLD booking delegate.

Spent 6 hours on phone with Microsoft Support over the course of two days and after all their diagnostics and troubleshooting, their final recommendation was to export the calendars, delete the mailbox, create a whole new one and import the data.

We went through adsiedit, ldap, A.D., Exchange properties and found zero difference between the migrated non-working mailboxes and the 2 new test room mailboxes I created directly in Exch13 which worked correctly.
LVL 10

Author Closing Comment

by:Schuyler Dorsey
ID: 40205738
MS support provided the only answer.

Featured Post

Problems using Powershell and Active Directory?

Managing Active Directory does not always have to be complicated.  If you are spending more time trying instead of doing, then it's time to look at something else. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Are you looking for the options available for exporting EDB files to PST? You may be confused as they are different in different Exchange versions. Here, I will discuss some options available.
If you have come across a situation where you need to find some EDB mailbox recovery techniques, then here you will find the same. In this article, we will take you through three techniques using which you will be able to perform EDB recovery. You …
In this video we show how to create a mailbox database in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Servers >> Data…
This video demonstrates how to sync Microsoft Exchange Public Folders with smartphones using CodeTwo Exchange Sync and Exchange ActiveSync. To learn more about CodeTwo Exchange Sync and download the free trial, go to: http://www.codetwo.com/excha…
Suggested Courses

830 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question