I am getting an error 429 when MS Access is trying to create the interface (?) to the DLL. This problem only happens on a Windows 2012 R2 box when I use the new Installshield Limited Edition using Visual Studio 2013. If I run this setup on a Windows 2008 R2 box, it works. Both boxes are 64bit and the code is built using the "any processor" option.
I used "PROCMON" to determine what was happening. It indicated that the DLL could not be found. I searched the registry to see if there were any hints and when I found the GUID in the HKEY_Classes_Root\wow6432n
b section of the registry I get an error trying to open the key.
If I build the same code using VS2008 the setup, that used to come with VS, works fine on both boxes.
I have attached a word doc containing screen shots of the code and the issue in the registry. It also contains a screen shot of the settings for Installshield. Please note, I tried this using 5 different version of Schema with no changes in the results.