Solved

Sbs 2011Migration - Outlook Prompting for username\password

Posted on 2014-07-21
7
285 Views
Last Modified: 2014-07-27
Hi,
Just finished a test migration with no major issues, all gone through ok.
Finished with demoting the source server and then rebooted one of my test Windows 7 clients and now Outlook is prompting for username and password.
Also I can get to OWA but when I login, I receive HTTP 500 Error (Attached)
Not sure what I have done wrong?
OWA-Error.JPG
0
Comment
Question by:Matthew Lofts
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
7 Comments
 
LVL 7

Expert Comment

by:Murali Reddy
ID: 40209318
There is no information about your setup without which it is difficult to suggest.
0
 

Author Comment

by:Matthew Lofts
ID: 40209321
Hi
Sorry,
Migrated from SBS 2008 to SBS 2011
SBS 2011 running on physical server.
The migration did complete with no major issues.
Rebooted a client PC which was working prior to a reboot but now prompting for creds.
Also I have noticed companyweb does not work either.
0
 
LVL 22

Expert Comment

by:David Atkin
ID: 40209322
Have you updated Exchange yet?  Restart IIS and retry.
0
Office 365 Training for Admins - 7 Day Trial

Learn how to provision tenants, synchronize on-premise Active Directory, implement Single Sign-On, customize Office deployment, and protect your organization with eDiscovery and DLP policies.  Only from Platform Scholar.

 
LVL 4

Expert Comment

by:Vlastimil Sopuch
ID: 40210699
Is the mbx moved accross fine? (move request cleared out).
Can you ping that SBS2011 box?
Try re-creating the profile in Outlook.
0
 
LVL 7

Expert Comment

by:Murali Reddy
ID: 40211199
what is your exchange setup?
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
Matthew Lofts earned 0 total points
ID: 40211857
Thanks all.
It was actually a dns issue on the client.
Also applied a batch on WU that was waiting.

Cheers all.
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:Matthew Lofts
ID: 40222279
Found the windows 7 client was not getting the correct dns from the server.
Also believed a rollup update may have helped for the sbs server that was waiting.
0

Featured Post

Salesforce Has Never Been Easier

Improve and reinforce salesforce training & adoption using WalkMe's digital adoption platform. Start saving on costly employee training by creating fast intuitive Walk-Thrus for Salesforce. Claim your Free Account Now

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

When you try to extract and to view the contents of a Microsoft Update Standalone Package (MSU) for Windows Vista, you cannot extract the files from the MSU. Here we are going to explain how to extract those hotfix details without using any third pa…
A couple of months ago we ran into an issue that necessitated re-creating our Edge Subscriptions. However, when we attempted to execute the command: New-EdgeSubscription -filename C:\NewEdgeSub_01.xml we received an error indicating that the LDAP se…
This Micro Tutorial will teach you how to change your appearance and customize your Windows 7 interface to your unique preference. This will be demonstrated using Windows 7 operating system.
There are cases when e.g. an IT administrator wants to have full access and view into selected mailboxes on Exchange server, directly from his own email account in Outlook or Outlook Web Access. This proves useful when for example administrator want…
Suggested Courses

617 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question