Why can I no longer upload images to some web services eg. EBay & Photobucket ?
Posted on 2014-07-22
Hi, I am unable to upload images/ photos, therefore cannot for example, list on EBay or use Photobucket web services ...
1. Tried 3 different PCs using Win XP, Win 7 (64bit) and Win 7 (32bit) ... but they are on the same LAN ???
2. 4 different browsers ( IE 9 and 10, Firefox 30 and Chrome). All browsers have had caches and cookies cleared regularly.
3. PCs regularly rebooted.
4. AV and Malware detection has been turned OFF to test if it causes the problem, it doesn't.
5. Windows Firewall turned OFF... does not make any difference.
6. Clean reinstalled Adobe Flash Player with both v 11.7 and the latest 14.0
7. Tried uploading different jpg file sizes between 38KB and 1MB and at many different resolutions ... nothing helps.
8. Rebooted Router.
For example, ALL of the EBay uploaders ie. Quick Listing, or Standard and Basic from advanced tools fail. They just permanently hang with upload animation showing, no error messages. I haven't used EBay for many months so the likelihood of a nasty update (Windows or Adobe) may well have happened somewhere along the line. You can see already I was suspicious (wrongly?) of Adobe Flash ;-)
Strangely NO problem to upload photos to Facebook or LinkedIn, which tends to rule out network / firewall / router (maybe ?)
I am completely stuck. Do you have any other ideas as to what may be causing this please ?