We are a school rolling out Win8. We need to create a number of MS accounts so that students and teachers can access the store, sync settings and use onedrive. Here is our solution so far its works but is very laborious. We are using 8.1 on a domain.
1. Accounts need a credit card even if funded by vouchers so we will create all with an entropay virtual visa card with zero balance.
2. We will use our existing @aos.at email addresses so we have to access that users email to get the verification code.
3. We will add firstname.lastname@example.org as an alternative on all accounts so that in future we can obtain verification codes without access to the users email.
4. We will link the domain a/c to the MS account on the machine - one laptop and one desktop for each teacher - about 200 in total. We will sync all items.
5. Since we can have apps on 81 machines, we will use a different MS a/c for the store - email@example.com so that any purchase a teacher makes is available to all of them. This account will keep a small positive balance.
This procedure entails us accessing user email accounts which I don't like, and an awful lot of legwork. Any suggestions on making it easier. Especially frustrating is the continual requirement of email verification codes (we are in Austria and phones and texts from MS don't seem to work. We do run AD policies for our win7 machines.
Any thoughts appreciated