Click on "Update to Windows 8.1 for free", nothing happens for an hour
Please note: I have installed about 230 Microsoft 8 to 8.1 updates so far! Been through every possible scenario. Yikes. So I suppose I am an expert ;) on this so far. I have had glitches but always fixed them. Now, I am stuck...
This HP Laptop is new. Did a refresh of Windows 8 before updating
1. Have reset store cache
2. Windows 8 is fully updated (nightmare all its own. Had to update it 20 at a time. Tried all at once and they all failed)
3. All Windows services at their default
4. Have tried over 20 suggestions from Microsoft including all possible troubleshooters and Powershell commands
5. Reset Windows Update
6. IE is the default browser
7. Microsoft Firewall is running
8. Can update others modern apps in Windows 8 (had 24)
9. Intel Rapid technology is updated
Note: Always create many restore points as I troubleshoot these pcs.
10. All HP updates have been installed